We are currently considering submissions for a themed-issue, due to launch in November. The theme is Jealousy.
“It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.”
–Dylan Thomas, A Child’s Christmas in Wales
“His veins were dark with a vivid belladonna tincture, the essence of jealousy.”
–Charlotte Brontë, Villette
- Email submissions only.
- All submissions must include a 1-3 line biography, name, and email address. We reserve the right to edit bios.
- Poetry - limit 3 poems; send as an attachment to preserve formatting.
- Flash Fiction – limit 800 words; send as an attachment to preserve formatting.
- Please do not send previously published work.
- We accept simultaneous submissions.
- Response time is typically within 90 days. Please feel free to query.
- We do not issue separate author’s consent forms. By submitting, you grant us permission to publish your work, if selected.
- Carnival is nonpaying.
- All rights to materials published in Carnival are retained by the individual authors and artists.