Due to an overwhelming quantity of submissions (a good “problem” to have), we are no longer accepting submissions at this time. Please check back for updates. For those who have submitted recently, our goal is to respond to all submissions no later than September 30, 2014.
The next issue is a themed issue, due to launch in November. The theme is Jealousy.
“It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.”
–Dylan Thomas, A Child’s Christmas in Wales
“His veins were dark with a vivid belladonna tincture, the essence of jealousy.”
–Charlotte Brontë, Villette
- Email submissions only.
- All submissions must include a 1-3 line biography, name, and email address. We reserve the right to edit bios.
- Poetry – limit 3 poems; send as an attachment to preserve formatting.
- Flash Fiction – limit 800 words; send as an attachment to preserve formatting.
- Please do not send previously published work.
- We accept simultaneous submissions.
- Response time is typically within 90 days. Please feel free to query.
- We do not issue separate author’s consent forms. By submitting, you grant us permission to publish your work, if selected.
- Carnival is nonpaying.
- All rights to materials published in Carnival are retained by the individual authors and artists.